If you hold a student visa and are about to complete a study course or have recently completed a study course in Australia, you are eligible for a temporary graduate (subclass 485) visa. This Visa has 2 streams-
GWS or Graduate Work Stream and PSWS or Post-Study Work Stream
We provide assistance in the applications of the 485 PSWS visa.
The 485 (PSWS) visa
It is a chance for you obtain a chance to receive the experience of working in Australia. The points to be noted about the 485 visa are:
- An employer’s sponsorship, a state sponsorship or a relative’s sponsorship in Australia is not needed.
- It doesn’t require any skill assessment or point-based test system.
- You can choose any course with your preferred subjects because it has no list of limited occupations.
- It provides unlimited work rights.
The 485 (PSWS) visa’s validity
The Visa’s validity depends on the applicant’s qualification. The visa validity is usually for 2 years, for most Bachelor’s degrees and Master’s degrees, whereas it is 4 years for a Ph.D. holder. You are ineligible if your qualification is lower than the Bachelor’s level
Factors of your eligibility for a PSWS visa:
- Whether you hold your very first and/or a subsequent study visa.
- The date, on which you submitted the student visa application.
- The higher-education level you have accomplished in Australia.
English test requirements
The applicants of this visa need to satisfy the English test requirement. The graduate visa IELTS requirement includes a least of 5.0 in every section with a total 6.0 average score. However, under the 485 visa English requirement, you can select any one of the four permitted English tests. Some applicants get an exemption from this requirement due to their passport.
When to apply for this visa?
You must apply within the duration of 6 months after completing a course.