Welcome to Visa Helpline

Business Phone
Business Hours

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

The Partner Visa aids in bringing your spouse or dependents to Canada. This Visa helps when you are a permanent resident of Canada and want to bring your dependents to come and stay with you. There are a number of programs under which the Canadian government allows the stay of dependents to be allowed in the country. It is as a part of these programs, that the Visas will be granted.

You will have to meet the “Sponsorship guidelines” in order to bring a partner or dependent to the country.

  • The sponsor must be a minimum of 18 years by age and should prove the financial stability to be able to support the sponsored persons throughout the entire period of stay.
  • The Sponsors should prove that they can provide the essentials like food, clothing etc. to the Sponsored person. In addition, the Sponsor should be capable of providing health care needs like dental care, eye care and others which are normally available as a part of public health services to Canadian Citizens.
  • The Sponsor should also have a physical residence in Canada.
  • As per the federal sponsorship programs the Sponsored person who is a foreign resident should be approved by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It is only then that the sponsored person can receive a visa.
  • The Sponsor should also be approved by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
  • There are Dependent Child Sponsorship programs, by use of which the Sponsor can bring in a dependent child from a foreign nation, into Canada.
  • There are a number of Provincial Family Class Sponsorship programs under the purview of which a Sponsor can also move other dependents like parents/ grandparents etc.
  • There are some eligibility requirements that need to be met by the dependents relating to their age and relationship with the sponsor etc.